Tuesday, July 24, 2018

dear Rene

when I was 19 and attempted to take my own life, my mother did not understand nor did she have the ability to now that I look back on it. . All she could think to say to the doctor was, how hard she worked and how she sacrificed everything to put me and my brother through school and how she didn't understand why I'd put her through this. She never was able to understand as much as I tried to explain things to her. I wanted comfort and someone to tell me it would be ok. that I was worth more then the water and salt in my body. Strangers in the form of school teachers, Class mates, and others I barely knew gave me words of kindness and encouragement that my mother wasn't able to give me. I now now why...Because she wasn't able to. In her upbringing and the time period she probably never dealt with teenage depression and all the other

No comments:

Post a Comment